Purpose of Position
First line IT support for small business clients.
Monitor ticket queue and phone calls. Gather and research information. Take ownership of seeing the issue to closure. Produce and maintain client documentation, organize customer information. Remote assistance and onsite visits with customers as required. Assist with monthly patching and maintenance as well as documentation standardizing.
- Customer focused - seeks to understand customers and business. Focused on getting client productive again
- IT minded not necessarily IT knowledgeable - detail-oriented, logical thinker, good problem solver
- Works well with people - basic customer service and communication etiquette - in person, phone, email, text.
- Persistent - Stays until job is done, doesn't give up on an issue, thinks of creative solutions
- Communicates - quickly responds to tickets, texts, and emails with clear information
- Trainable - loves to learn. Doesn’t stop learning when off the clock
- Must have two years of direct user support
BIM Skills (Optional but highly regarded)
- Have a strong production level knowledge of Revit
- Familiar with standard workflows and processes in the AEC industry
- Constantly learning and staying current with Revit/BIM products
- Strong knowledge of VR, automation, rendering and related BIM integrations
- Able to perform and diagnose issues with model audits
- Familiar with related software: AutoCAD, Rhino, Grasshopper, Navisworks, Lumion etc.
May require some on-site client work in the Austin and San Antonio area.
> To be considered for this position you must include the IP address and web address of your most visited tech website prominently in your cover letter. This helps us determine a little more about your technology background and attention to detail. <
Send resume to: email@example.com
Tier 2 Help Desk
About this ad.
We know you will see a lot of open positions and its easy to apply for one or all. The type of person we are looking for will read the entire ad and only apply if they meet the requirements.
What are our musts?
- You will make it your top priority to provide fast and simple communication to clients.
- You take ownership of a customer concern or project and will not rest until a resolution is found.
- You see technology as something more than a job and enjoy learning about new products, systems and methods.
- You a natural mentor and teacher who can convey concepts in a simple and straightforward method.
- You are highly organized and methodical.
What we need.
- Project manager to lead in the effort to research, evaluate, implement and support end user workstations, laptops, servers and networks.
- Create and document best practices and procedures for small business customers.
- Work with front line helpdesk technicians providing escalation and technical support.
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Evaluate business requirements and recommend technologies that will enhance availability, reliability, scalability and security, while consistently driving down total cost of ownership
- Ensure platforms/systems conform to established enterprise/industry standards (systems management, security, operating systems, etc.) and reference models.
- Excellent customer service skills including being proactive, friendly, and approachable while maintaining composure in tense situations.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to maintain composure while working under pressure
- Ability to create, manage, and execute on project plans
What you bring?
- Certifications - CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA A+ preferred but not required
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in working within a technical support role, including proven and demonstrable PC (desktop and laptop), printer and other IT hardware troubleshooting skills
- 5 – 7 years’ experience with Microsoft technologies, including Windows 7/10 Operating Systems, Microsoft Office/Office365, Active Directory, and Exchange Management Console
- Advanced knowledge of all core Microsoft Technologies including: Windows Server (2003-2016), Microsoft Exchange (2003-2016 and Office 365), SQL Server (2000-2016).
- Advanced proficiency with firewalls, switches and routers from various manufacturers.
- Advanced knowledge of networking (LAN, WAN, VMPLS, VLAN, Routing, Firewalls, etc.)
It helps a great deal to have worked for professional service firms and or a managed service provider. It you have this type of experience please add more detail about these positions.